Senior Robotics Perception and Machine Learning Engineer
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Burro is the leading robotics company in the world by number of robots working outdoors in the field with real customers. Our mission is to free people from tedious work and solve the critical labor shortages faced by farmers and others that work outdoors.
To accomplish our mission, we need a world-class, diverse team where everyone feels comfortable sharing their ideas. With this in mind, we strive to create a work environment where every employee can be themselves and express their perspective – this enables us to deliver the most creative and innovative solutions to problems our customers face.
Headquartered in Philadelphia with an office in central California, and backed by top Agtech and autonomy investors, including S2G, Cibus, FPrime, Toyota Ventures, FFVC, Xplorer, and Radicle, Burro was created to solve the labor shortages facing farmers using robotics.
Burros can be described as Disney's Wall-E for agriculture and work outdoors, in a 1.0 format. They function, today, as computer vision based autonomous ground vehicles for carrying, towing, and scouting, and are designed to lay the base for the fully autonomous future of work outdoors. We have a growing triple digit fleet deployed in paid commercial use within vineyards, nurseries, berries, and beyond, and demand for our product is accelerating, so we are growing our team.
We are seeking an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to bring their experience and expertise to our growing team. The ideal candidate will have strong proficiency in machine learning, hands on experience with MLOps tools, and a solid grasp of robotics principles.
- Lead ML projects from ideation to deployment and contribute in their development
- Optimize existing algorithms to improve performance and adapt to new data
- Oversee and guide the process of data collection and preprocessing to ensure quality
- Train, fine-tune, and evaluate models to ensure they meet performance benchmarks
- Implement model validation and testing procedures
- Implement robust monitoring systems to track the health and performance of deployed models
- Work closely with other teams to integrate ML solutions in their pipeline
- A Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in machine learning
- Proficiency in Python and common machine learning libraries/frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc
- Experience with optimization tools like TensorRT
- Familiarity with quantization, pruning and other model compression techniques
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to clearly communicate complex advanced concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Continual learning mindset and staying updated with the latest ML research and methodologies
- Good understanding of robotic systems and their components
- Experience with WandB or other ML workflow tools
- Experience with Docker
- Competitive salary and benefits package (medical/dental/vision)
- Early-Stage Equity
- 401K Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
RECRUITERS: We are NOT accepting agency resumes for this position. Please do not forward or submit resumes through our website or to any of our employees directly. Burro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.