Embedded Account Manager - Security Operations
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Tempe, AZ, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team comprises renowned technologists and security professionals and is backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times recognized Cobalt as one of the Best Places to Work.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced world-class leader to manage a team of Cobalt employees in service to the day-to-day operations of a Global Security Command Center in Tempe, AZ as well as in support of a nationally distributed Corporate Safety and Security Reception team. This is an embedded role with responsibility for overseeing an integrated security program, delivering tangible outcomes, and mentoring and motivating your team in service to our client.
The right candidate will be an embedded leader who will effectively implement a tight operating rhythm, maintain global situational awareness, and drive unrivaled customer service and support through all operating conditions.
This role requires strong leadership under pressure, unwavering integrity, an understanding of the global context, exceptional critical thought, a protective mindset, and a very high bias for action and execution.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will…
- Lead by example a team of analysts in a Global Operations Center
- Deliver world-class service and support for our internal customers
- Be responsible for accurately and consistently identifying, tracking, and reporting risk event information in a timely manner
- Coordinate and lead staffing of our 24/7 operations
- Execute the travel risk management program to include monitoring, alerting, briefing, and support
- Be responsible for global incident and emergency management
- Be responsible for centrally managing access, video, environmental sensors, and associated alarms across the enterprise
- Manage relevant training, drills, and process improvement
- Partner with Incident Responders during emergencies to facilitate overwatch and central support
- Produce and deliver regular and ad hoc briefings
We’re Excited About You Because…
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience within a Global Security Operation Center to include the Everbridge Suite, Anvil, and Genetec
- You have exceptional leadership skills and the ability to motivate and influence team members and cross-functional partners positively
- You have experience managing access control, video surveillance, communications/radio, mass notification, and risk monitoring systems
- You are driven with a strong bias for action and have demonstrated experience in setting and achieving aggressive performance objectives
- You thrive at mentoring teams through high operating tempo, stressful, and demanding conditions
- You are resilient and able to adapt to dynamic and high-stress situations quickly
- You have excellent critical thinking skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to forecast second and third-order effects of actions
- Flexible scheduling environment (may need to work nights, weekends, and holidays) as operational needs dictate
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills and are able to communicate at the appropriate level for a given audience
- 1-3 years people management experience
- Strong customer advocacy skills - this is an embedded role and should be “client first”
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Integrity and professionalism
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills
- Ability to go deep and wide and do the job your team does, as well provide executive reporting to leadership based on program performance and escalating appropriately
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.