e-Zinc is an energy storage venture based in Toronto with a breakthrough technology poised to disrupt the market. As the global energy grid moves to higher levels of penetration of renewable energy, there will be an exponential increase in demand for low-cost, flexible, long-duration energy storage. This is the market targeted by e-Zinc, the first in the world to “metalize” electricity.
e-Zinc is on an incredible trajectory, which is illustrated by many significant funding and award milestones that recognize its unique technology and strong business plan, including:
- Raised more than CAD $75M in equity
- Investors include Toyota Ventures, Eni Next, BDC, Evok Innovations, and Anzu Partners
- Named to the Global Cleantech 100 two years in a row (2022 and 2023) as one of the top 100 most promising cleantech companies across the world
- $1M grand prize winner of Impact Canada's Charging the Future Challenge
- Won a $1.6M grant through Breakthrough Energy Solutions Canada
- Awarded a $2M grant from Sustainable Technology Development Canada
- Won a USD $1.3M grant through California Energy Commission
Now that the company is well-capitalized, e-Zinc is now looking to expand its talented team to bring its technology to market to support the renewable energy transformation.
e-Zinc is looking for an experienced and detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join its team! Reporting to the Controller, this person will play a critical role managing the day-to-day accounting and business needs including accounts payable, payroll and grant reporting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare and process payroll each pay period
- Prepare the accounts payable pay run
- Review and process all expense reports, leveraging automation
- Prepare and remit HST/GST returns
- Prepare claims for various grants including SDTC, IRAP and NGEN grants
- Providing support in monthly closing process and financial statement preparation
- Reconcile bank accounts and corporate credit cards monthly
- Maintain the prepaid schedule, calculate prepaid amortization and book the associated journal entries monthly
- Maintain capital asset continuity schedule, prepare and book capital asset amortization monthly
- Support audit engagement through the provisioning of requested documentation and supporting files and responding to queries as requested
- Other ad hoc as requested
- Accounting diploma or college-level accounting training/degree
- 3-5 years accounting experience
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills
- Payroll certification
- Passion for Clean-tech and/or renewable energy field
- Working knowledge of Ceridian
- Working experience of Quick books
- Motivated to strive and succeed in a start-up environment
- Disciplined and hard working
- High level of integrity, maturity and personal effectiveness
- Personal accountability and commitment to achieving and exceeding goals and objectives
Studies show that individuals in underrepresented groups tend to not apply for roles if they feel they do not meet all the listed criteria. If you find you are passionate about a role and meet a good portion of the items listed, we encourage you to apply!
At e-Zinc we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer where we consider, celebrate, and embrace diversity. We thrive in an environment of mutual respect and welcome all applicants.