Research & Development Process Operator
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. (Houston, Texas) is a deep-decarbonization company. It builds reactors that use light instead of heat to electrify chemical manufacturing and power a cleaner, safer world. Utilizing technology licensed from Rice University and advanced engineering, Syzygy is commercializing a universal light-driven reactor platform. When powered with renewable electricity, this tunable technology reduces both cost and emissions from many different chemical reactions.
Job Summary: Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is hiring experienced R&D Process Operators with pilot plant or laboratory lab test cells process experience to join our systems operations team. This person will work on the procedure write-up, commissioning, and operation of our demonstration pilot test plants and/or test rigs to produce hydrogen using our novel photoreactor technology. In doing so, this person will directly contribute towards the development of Syzygy’s revolutionary new technology and drive sustainability in the chemical manufacturing industry. Come join us and help us change the world for the better!
- Write startup and shutdown procedures, as well as interlock / emergency response procedure for demonstration pilot plant.
- Participate in walk-through inspections of system during its assembly/ fabrication.
- Conduct routine validation and maintenance of laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Troubleshoot and maintain pilot plant as necessary.
- Perform leak testing of all piping and tubing.
- Participate in loop testing of controls system for certification (may include both FAT and SAT).
- Participate in logic testing of interlocks and startup sequence for verification and certification.
- Under the guidance of Project Lead, carry out commissioning & startup activities to bring equipment into service.
- Ensure safe operation of demonstration plant.
- Interact with process & R&D teams for optimization of the photocatalytic reactor and other process components.
- Perform routine sampling and testing of water & gas samples, as well as calibration of key instruments (gas detectors, GC, total sulfur analyzer).
- Create System Operating Procedures (SOP’s) & Equipment Operating Procedures (EOP’s)
- Daily KPI reporting.
- Demonstrate adaptability in a fluid environment
- Act as mentor for training junior operators
- Demonstrate curiosity by always willing to learn new things
- 5+ years experience of operating pilot/demonstration units
- Knowledge of chemical process in pilot or industrial setup
- Skilled in procedures write-up
- Demonstrated focus on ensuring safe operations & supporting an effective HSE culture
- Operated a demonstration facility as independent boardman
- Process Technician Diploma from Community College
- Supervisory experience
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage)
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Paid vacation/holidays
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.