AIR COMPANY, a world-leading climate technology producer and provider, is paving a pathway to global decarbonization by transforming CO2 into endless resources via industrial scale applications. Working with nature, rather than against it, our proprietary AIRMADE™ Technology mimics photosynthesis to transform carbon dioxide & water via renewable energy into a suite of innovative carbon-negative products including AIRMADE™ SAF, AIR Vodka, and AIR Eau de Parfum.
The company has commercial partnerships with airlines including JetBlue & Virgin Atlantic, amongst others, and has been awarded multiple government contracts from NASA and the United States Department of Defense. The organization has received industry recognition through awards such as Time Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas and the XPRIZE for Carbon Removal.
AIR COMPANY is proudly headquartered in New York City and co-founded by Gregory Constantine (CEO) and Stafford Sheehan (CTO). Its team spans a diverse group of world-leading experts in chemistry, engineering, and technological development and deployment. AIR COMPANY is backed by capital partners aligned with the company’s mission to boldly transform industry including the US Department of Defense, NASA, Toyota Ventures, JetBlue Ventures and Carbon Direct. Learn more at AIRCOMPANY.com
We are seeking Process Operators to join our team. These roles will report to our Senior Plant Manager or Senior Engineering Manager. Process Operators will support Operations team at AIR COMPANY’s Innovation Center and AIR COMPANY’s Air Factory, based in Brooklyn, NY.
What you get to do
- Safely start-up, operate, monitor and shut-down fixed bed flow reactors and auxiliary reactor systems at lab, pilot and production scales
- Adjust, test, and operate pumps, valves, controls and other components of systems
- Monitor, record, and interpret system parameters on Honeywell Experion software
- Operate tertiary electrolyzer and compressor systems for H₂ production
- Respond quickly to short-term business priorities and technology decision points by executing quick fabrication and set-up for various research test systems
- Follow and contribute to safe work processes and safe operating procedures (SOPs)
- Contribute to achieve acceptable quality standards, R&D scale testing, and production uptime greater than 90%
- Obtain data exports and perform various calculations as required
- Troubleshoot and light repair of process equipment as well as coordinating with third party contractors where required
- Contribute technically to system upgrades and improvements
- Assist with re-engineering and scaling up of Air Company’s reactor technology
- Coordinate transportation and handling of inbound and outbound hazardous chemicals
- Flexible to work 12-hr shift to maintain a 24/7 continuous operational cycle
- Ability to stand for extended periods on hard surfaces and physically able to bend and lift up to 50 lbs
What you bring to AIR COMPANY
- HS diploma and/or industry specific training/experience required
- Veterans and candidates with 2-yr technology certificates or degrees are encouraged to apply
- Experience operating chemical reaction systems or other pressure equipment
- Experience in operating or and maintaining engineering equipment for chemical or petrochemical facilities
- Experience working 12 hr shift work rotations in support of 24/7 operations
- Familiar with safety protocols for handling hazardous chemicals
- Ability to work proactively and independently with an eagerness to learn
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn and use specialized complex software
- Team player with a strong passion for fostering a safe collaborative work environment
- Interest in sustainability, technology, science, cultural progress, and startup environments
- Must be able to complete FDNY Certificate of Fitness exams (A-35, G-98, C-92, and G-79) within 6 months of employment
- Research and development or process improvement experience.
- Gas to liquids operations experience.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $85,000
The approximate annual base compensation range and benefits listed above may vary based on the applicant's experience, skills, abilities, and relevant industry expertise.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At AIR COMPANY we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
Working at Air Company
In addition to standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- A people-first, climate solutions company driven to move society to a more sustainable future
- A unified team of climate optimists with an exceptional and diverse range of backgrounds
- Committed to fostering collaboration with a team that believes in the power of science and that business can be used as a force for good…
We also provide:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. 100% of paid premiums for employees
- Flexible and generous paid time off, including national holidays and sick leave
- Commuter Benefits: Pre-Tax Income for MassTransit
- Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored company events and DEI social initiatives
- Catered meals