At AIR COMPANY we are paving a pathway to global decarbonization by transforming CO₂ into endless resources via industrial scale applications. Working with nature, rather than against it, our proprietary AIRMADE™ Technology mimics photosynthesis to transform carbon dioxide and water via renewable energy into carbon-negative chemicals and fuels.
We have commercial partnerships with airlines including JetBlue and Virgin Atlantic, amongst others, and have been awarded multiple government contracts from NASA and the United States Department of Defense. AIR COMPANY has received industry recognition through awards such as Time Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas and the XPRIZE for Carbon Removal.
We are proudly headquartered in New York City and co-founded by Gregory Constantine (CEO) and Dr. Stafford Sheehan (CTO). Our team spans a diverse group of world-leading experts in chemistry, engineering and technological development and deployment. AIR COMPANY is backed by capital partners aligned with the company’s mission to boldly transform industry including the US Department of Defense, NASA, Toyota Ventures, JetBlue Ventures and Carbon Direct.
We are seeking an Operations Specialist to join our team. This role will report to our Pilot Plant Manager. This position will oversee the day-to-day operations of Air Company’s carbon dioxide conversion pilot plant and will be responsible for ensuring the safe, compliant, and efficient operation of the production processes to meet company goals. Experience with operating compression equipment, chemical reaction systems, distillation systems, or other pressure equipment, as well as production optimization, is a must. This role is based in Brooklyn, NY.
What you get to do
- Safely optimize production processes to achieve maximum efficiency and output, while maintaining quality standards
- Monitor and analyze production data, identify areas for improvement, and implement process optimization initiatives
- Train and mentor plant personnel on safe operation of chemical reaction systems and pressure equipment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as engineering, quality assurance, and maintenance, to ensure smooth operations and timely resolution of issues
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for plant operations, and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Monitor and manage inventory levels of raw materials and finished products to maintain smooth production flow
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in production processes and performance metrics, and actively participate in research and development or process improvement projects
- Stay updated with industry trends, regulations, and best practices related to carbon dioxide conversion and gas to liquids operations
- Support of all aspects of the day-to-day operation by troubleshooting plant process problems, driving plant projects, and understanding safe operating and design limits
- Investigate incidents and near misses, understand and correct the root cause of failures
- Able to respond and support plant issues on a 24/7 basis
What you bring to AIR COMPANY
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years manufacturing or production background
- Proven experience in operating chemical reaction systems or other pressure equipment in a production environment
- Strong understanding of production optimization techniques and methodologies
- Knowledge of safety protocols and regulations related to chemical manufacturing
- Ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Prior experience in gas to liquids operations or research and development
Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000
The approximate annual base compensation range and benefits listed above may vary based on the applicant's experience, skills, abilities, and relevant industry expertise.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At AIR COMPANY we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
Working at Air Company
In addition to standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- A people-first, climate solutions company driven to move society to a more sustainable future
- A unified team of climate optimists with an exceptional and diverse range of backgrounds
- Committed to fostering collaboration with a team that believes in the power of science and that business can be used as a force for good
We also provide:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. 100% coverage of employee insurance premiums, and 50% coverage of spouse & dependent insurance premiums.
- Flexible and generous paid time off, including national holidays and sick leave
- A tax deferred 401(k) Plan to invest in your future
- Commuter Benefits: Pre-Tax Income for MassTransit
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored company events and DEI social initiatives
- Friday catered meals