Electrical Engineer, Instrumentation
At AIR COMPANY we are paving a pathway to global decarbonization by transforming CO₂ into endless resources via industrial scale applications. Working with nature, rather than against it, our proprietary AIRMADE™ Technology mimics photosynthesis to transform carbon dioxide and water via renewable energy into carbon-negative chemicals and fuels.
We have commercial partnerships with airlines including JetBlue and Virgin Atlantic, amongst others, and have been awarded multiple government contracts from NASA and the United States Department of Defense. AIR COMPANY has received industry recognition through awards such as Time Best Inventions, Fast Company World Changing Ideas and the XPRIZE for Carbon Removal.
We are proudly headquartered in New York City and co-founded by Gregory Constantine (CEO) and Dr. Stafford Sheehan (CTO). Our team spans a diverse group of world-leading experts in chemistry, engineering and technological development and deployment. AIR COMPANY is backed by capital partners aligned with the company’s mission to boldly transform industry including the US Department of Defense, NASA, Toyota Ventures, JetBlue Ventures and Carbon Direct.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer, Instrumentation to join our team. This role will report to our Director, Engineering. This position will work closely with our engineering team to assist in the design, testing, and maintenance of instrumentation and control systems. This role is based in Brooklyn, NY.
What you get to do
- Assist in the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of control system components, such as sensors, actuators, and programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Collaborate with engineers to develop control system architectures and specifications based on project requirements.
- Participate in testing and calibration activities to ensure the accuracy and reliability of instrumentation devices.
- Contribute to the identification and resolution of issues or malfunctions in instrumentation and control systems.
- Reading of P&I loops, preparation of Instrument list, instrumentation database, and flowcharts.
- Assist in the programming and configuration of PLCs and human-machine interface (HMI) systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including electrical engineers and process engineers, to deliver integrated solutions.
- Interface with O&M personnel in support and enhancement of SCADA systems and coordinates system upgrades to minimize operational impact.
What you bring to AIR COMPANY
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Process Control Systems Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- 1-3 years experience working with SCADA control systems and/or related operational technology systems including sensors, transmitters, control valves, and PLCs.
- Understanding of instrumentation principles, control system fundamentals, and industrial automation.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages used in control systems, such as ladder logic or structured text.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, P&ID (piping and instrumentation diagrams), and control system drawings.
- Experience or coursework in PLC programming and HMI design is a plus.
- Knowledge of instrument calibration, Sump/Surge Pumps, ESD operation, PID loop tuning,
- Strong understanding of IT Systems including virtualization technologies and network security
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex network issues.
- Experience with automated testing, LabVIEW is a plus
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work seamlessly in cross-functional teams.
- Willingness to travel occasionally for on-site deployments, maintenance, and collaboration with remote teams.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $100,000
The approximate annual base compensation range and benefits listed above may vary based on the applicant's experience, skills, abilities, and relevant industry expertise.
At Air Company we value employees for their unique perspectives. We are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We consider applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At AIR COMPANY we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
Working at Air Company
In addition to standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- A people-first, climate solutions company driven to move society to a more sustainable future
- A unified team of climate optimists with an exceptional and diverse range of backgrounds
- Committed to fostering collaboration with a team that believes in the power of science and that business can be used as a force for good…
We also provide:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. 100% coverage of employee insurance premiums, and 50% coverage of spouse & dependent insurance premiums.
- Flexible and generous paid time off, including national holidays and sick leave
- A tax deferred 401(k) Plan to invest in your future
- Commuter Benefits: Pre-Tax Income for MassTransit
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored company events and DEI social initiatives
- Friday catered meals