Senior Powder Process Engineer
AM Batteries, Inc., located at Chelmsford, MA, is focused on development and commercialization technologies that revolutionize battery manufacturing technology to enable a much greener and lower cost battery manufacturing process. AM Batteries is seeking self-motivated, enthusiastic candidates to join this extraordinary journey to bring the next generation lithium-ion battery manufacturing technologies to the marketplace.
AM Batteries is seeking a Senior Powder Process Engineer to work with a highly experienced team to industrialize next generation lithium-ion battery manufacturing technologies. The ideal candidate will have experience working with dry powder mixing, power analysis and evaluation, powder handling and conveying equipment preferably at a pilot /commercial scale.
The incumbent is expected to be a self-motivated individual willing to perform hands on work in a dynamically changing environment. The position will be responsible for designing powder mixture formulation, operating pilot equipment, analyzing and evaluating powder mixtures.
KEY FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Developing powder mixing formulation
- Preparation of powder mixture
- Plan and design test and experimentation
- Hands-on operation of powder processing equipment and instruments
- Analysis and evaluation of powder properties
- Identify improvement opportunities for the process, equipment, and pilot space
- Support other projects as needed
- Bachelor in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or manufacturing related fields, MS or PhD preferred
- 3 - 5+ years of experience required
- Experience with dry powder mixing, powder handling, powder mixture analysis, and operating pilot powder mixing equipment
- Experience with lithium-ion battery materials or products is preferred
- Strong organizational and project management skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Employee stock option