Business Development Manager
AM Batteries, Inc., located at Chelmsford, MA, is focused on development and commercialization technologies that revolutionize battery manufacturing technology to enable a much greener and lower cost battery manufacturing process. AM Batteries is seeking self-motivated, enthusiastic candidates to join this extraordinary journey to bring the next generation lithium-ion battery manufacturing technologies to the marketplace.
AM Batteries (AMB) is seeking a Business Development Manager to promote AMB technologies, develop commercial relationship with market leading customers, and to attract US government incentives to grow AMB business rapidly.
The incumbent is expected to be a self-motivated individual willing to perform all hands-on work in a start-up company driven by break-through technologies and dynamically changing but increasingly favorable environment. The position will be working with AMB’s CEO and President closely to develop impactful relationships with key customers and collaborating with a highly skilled technical team to attract funding and win contracts from various US agencies. This position can have a hybrid schedule.
- Promote AMB and develop commercial relationship with market leading battery makers.
- Owning customer relationships including supporting customer needs, securing customer support for fundraising and government programs.
- Building out AMB’s Business Development function as the company grows, including establishing and codifying prioritization principles, refining CRM processes, and growing the team.
- Understand the full landscape of US government support and research contracts toward the LIB market.
- Identify funds and incentives that AMB is qualified to apply for.
- Win new contracts with various government agencies.
- Attend tradeshows and conduct interviews, network, and spread awareness of products.
- BS degree or higher in business or engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in business development, marketing, or other customer-facing technical roles.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Experience in developing government relationships and grant application processes is ideal.
- Experience in the LIB market is preferred.
- Excellent presentation, analytical, interpersonal, and business relationship building skills.
- Ability to self-direct.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Employee stock option