Director of People
AM Batteries, Inc., located at Chelmsford, MA, is focused on development and commercialization technologies that revolutionize battery manufacturing technology to enable a much greener and lower cost battery manufacturing process. AM Batteries is seeking self-motivated, enthusiastic candidates to join this extraordinary journey to bring the next generation lithium-ion battery manufacturing technologies to the marketplace.
AM Batteries (AMB) is seeking a Director of People to develop our HR strategy and manage all HR functions. As the first dedicated HR hire, this position will lead the charge in improving existing functions for payroll, benefits, employee onboarding and retention, recruiting, and building new functional capacity as AMB grows.
- Develop and manage HR strategy and policies to align with the company’s business strategy and goals
- Implement organizational and staff development strategy to keep pace with growth plans of the company
- Develop HR metrics to build a function that measures its progress and iterates over time.
- Own recruiting efforts, working proactively with senior management and hiring managers to ensure successful recruitment and retention of technical, professional, and support staff, including partnering with external recruiting firms as needed
- Provide leadership development in the areas of performance management, providing constructive feedback, recognizing positive results, taking corrective action as necessary, and linking compensation to performance
- Manage employee relations issues within the company, in concert with senior management.
- Develop compensation guidelines to attract and retain the best talent, and to ensure that the team is treated equitably
- Manage company benefits program ensuring offerings are competitive and cost-effective for the company and of value to employees
- Ensure HR files and documentation are current and comply with applicable laws
- Ensure company compliance with all local, state, and Federal laws
- Strong HR Generalist with experience in benefits administration, compliance, onboarding, immigration, and performance management
- Experience with payroll and benefits administration software
- Experience objectively coaching employees and management through complex, difficult issues
- Applied knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and statutes for employment
- Experience driving and implementing recruiting programs and initiatives
- Strong demonstrated professionalism and an ability to manage expectations and personalities of a diverse group of executives
- Detail oriented, organized, and self-directed with ability to act in an autonomous capacity.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Start-up experience a plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Employee stock option