Technician - Mechanical
Alameda, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 12, 2022
Boxbot transforms conveyors into intelligent, three-dimensional package handling systems. The platform can store, sort, and sequence size-agnostic, high throughput payloads while requiring a minimal physical footprint. Boxbot is driving down the cost of last mile delivery with unique applications built for various shipping centers. This is the rare chance to get in on the ground floor of a robotics company that is poised to transform a massive and exciting industry.
We’re a close-knit team that is well funded and are quickly expanding in order to bring our product to market. Every new team member will have a foundational role with significant creative ownership within their focus area. We are seeking teammates who take pride in their work and who get excited about building and iterating on new systems with significant responsibility.
As a Mechanical Technician for automation systems, you will provide hands-on expertise in assembly, installation, testing, and debugging of warehouse automation systems. This will include work requiring both mechanical and electrical proficiency, such as the sub-assembly, maintenance, and testing of advanced servos, conveyors, and sensors. Proficiency and experience with forklifts and other heavy equipment is a major plus. You will work closely with the electrical and mechanical engineering teams on R&D projects as well as customer deployments.
- Assemble and maintain complex automated material handling systems
- Spearhead maximum reliability and uptime of operations
- Debug, document, and repair all mechanical or electrical issues with our systems
- Assist and execute electrical validation testing
- Assist in the installation of general warehouse automation equipment
- Promote a safe working environment
- Maintain a clean, usable and organized lab workspace
- Manage all in-house stock of tools and electrical/electronic components
- Build and maintain assembly documentation
- Provide a tight feedback loop with engineers for immediate usability and installation improvements
- 3+ years technician experience in R&D, automated systems, robotics, or equivalent fast-paced development environment
- Experience with assembly, moving and/or shipping large and heavy equipment
- Education or training in Electrical Systems/Electronics with an understanding of basic electronic components
- Proficient in reading wiring schematics
- Previous use of part stock/BOM management tools preferred
- Certification and proficiency with forklifts and other heavy equipment
- Must be able to travel to deployment sites (less 2 hours from Oakland)
We are headquartered in Alameda, CA with an easy commute via Bart, Ferry, Amtrak and free parking. We take the well being of our teammates seriously, with benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and more! We also allow for flexible work schedules and remote options when possible.
If you love new projects, building awesome products and getting stuff done, then we want to talk to you! Simply submit your information below.