Senior Software Engineer (C++)
Alameda, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 3, 2023
Boxbot transforms conveyors into intelligent, three-dimensional package handling systems. The platform can store, sort, and sequence size-agnostic, high throughput payloads while requiring a minimal physical footprint. Boxbot is driving down the cost of last mile delivery with unique applications built for various shipping centers. This is the rare chance to get in on the ground floor of a robotics company that is poised to transform a massive and exciting industry.
We’re a close-knit team that is well funded and are quickly expanding in order to bring our product to market. Every new team member will have a foundational role with significant creative ownership within their focus area. We are seeking teammates who take pride in their work and who get excited about building and iterating on new systems with significant responsibility.
As a Software Engineer with an emphasis on C++, you’ll play a critical role in the development and delivery of low-latency, high-quality robotics application software for Boxbot’s advanced material handling facility. Join our dedicated team of software engineers, collectively focused on producing robust, reliable warehouse control software that’s shaping the future of package delivery automation.
Expectation of 3 days a week in the office.
- Pioneer the design of server-level applications, orchestrating the actions of subsystems within our high-tech automated material handling facility. Your innovative work will form the digital heartbeat of our cutting-edge systems.
- Invent, refine, and troubleshoot high-speed data processing systems using a compiled server-side language (C++), providing vital oversight and control of our automation robotics.
- Lead the development of a high-performance Warehouse Execution System. Here, your focus on scalability, modularity, and robustness will be essential. Your role will involve ensuring seamless integration with our unique hardware.
- Drive security and performance optimizations across our systems. You’ll work on exciting projects like secure coding, memory management, and performance tuning.
- Foster a culture of best practices in software development, spreading your knowledge and shaping our collective future.
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- 5+ years of professional experience developing and deploying production level robotics and automation systems
- Experience with C++ (preferred) within a linux environment interfacing with Hardware [C is okay]
- Experience with in memory databases (Redis in particular) preferred
- Experience with modern version control systems (Git etc)
- Experience designing distributed data processing systems (Pub/Sub, TCP/UDP, gRPC etc) preferred
- Experience with cloud compute infrastructure (Docker etc) preferred
- Experience with test driven development is preferable. Our developers are involved significantly with testing and validation as well, as such a test and validation mindset is needed.
- Bonus: Startup experience and entrepreneurial mindset
We are headquartered in Alameda, CA with an easy commute via Bart, Ferry, Amtrak and free parking. We take the well being of our teammates seriously, with benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and more! We also allow for flexible work schedules and remote options when possible.
If you love new projects, building awesome products and getting stuff done, then we want to talk to you! Simply submit your information below.