Technician - Electrical
Alameda, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 8, 2021
Boxbot transforms conveyors into intelligent, three-dimensional package handling systems. The platform can store, sort, and sequence size-agnostic, high throughput payloads while requiring a minimal physical footprint. Boxbot is driving down the cost of last mile delivery with unique applications built for various shipping centers. This is the rare chance to get in on the ground floor of a robotics company that is poised to transform a massive and exciting industry.
We’re a close-knit team that is well funded and are quickly expanding in order to bring our product to market. Every new team member will have a foundational role with significant creative ownership within their focus area. We are seeking teammates who take pride in their work and who get excited about building and iterating on new systems with significant responsibility.
As an Electromechanical Technician for automation systems, you will provide hands-on expertise in prototyping, installation, testing, and debugging of warehouse automation systems. This will include work requiring both mechanical and electrical proficiency, such as the sub-assembly, maintenance, and testing of advanced servos, conveyors, and sensors. Proficiency and experience with forklifts and other heavy equipment is a major plus. You will work closely with the electrical and mechanical engineering teams on R&D projects as well as customer deployments.
- Assemble and maintain complex automated material handling systems including electrical wiring and mechanical assembly
- Spearhead maximum reliability and uptime of operations
- Maintain and execute electrical validation testing for various warehouse automation systems
- Lead electrical harness prototype construction for both production and test systems
- Maintain and execute all electrical equipment installation. Assist in the installation of general warehouse automation equipment
- Promote a safe working environment
- Maintain a clean, usable and organized lab workspace
- Manage all in-house stock of tools and electrical/electronic components
- Provide a tight feedback loop with engineers for immediate usability and installation improvements
- Bonus: PCBA rework
- 3+ years technician experience in an R&D lab, production, automotive, automated systems, robotics, PLC or equivalent fast-paced development environment
- Education or training in Electrical Systems/Electronics with an understanding of basic electronic components
- Future education desires a plus
- Proficient in reading wiring schematics
- Creating wiring schematics (Altium or equivalent) a plus
- Previous use of part stock/BOM management tools preferred
- Bonus: Strong experience in PCBA rework (0603 or better, 4mil traces, BGA)
We are headquartered in Alameda, CA with an easy commute via Bart, Ferry, Amtrak and free parking. We take the well being of our teammates seriously, with benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and more! We also allow for flexible work schedules and remote options when possible.
If you love new projects, building awesome products and getting stuff done, then we want to talk to you! Simply submit your information below.