Software Engineer (Senior) -- Full Stack
Alameda, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 8, 2021
Boxbot transforms conveyors into intelligent, three-dimensional package handling systems. The platform can store, sort, and sequence size-agnostic, high throughput payloads while requiring a minimal physical footprint. Boxbot is driving down the cost of last mile delivery with unique applications built for various shipping centers. This is the rare chance to get in on the ground floor of a robotics company that is poised to transform a massive and exciting industry.
We’re a close-knit team that is well funded and are quickly expanding in order to bring our product to market. Every new team member will have a foundational role with significant creative ownership within their focus area. We are seeking teammates who take pride in their work and who get excited about building and iterating on new systems with significant responsibility.
Boxbot is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team and build the next generation of UI/UX for Boxbot's advanced material handling facility. You will be challenged to design and implement dashboards and HMI's that capture the complexity of our multi-agent robotics system and present them in an intuitive and methodized way.
- 5+ years' experience required in similar role
- Computer Science or Software Engineering Degree
- Experience with common front end technologies such as babel, webpack, NPM etc
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Strong CSS skills w/ experience building responsive applications across a variety of browsers and devices using modern CSS3 techniques
- Experience with common back end technologies such as python, node.js, C++ a bonus
- Familiarity with MQTT
- Experience with modern version control systems (Git,, etc)
- Service oriented architecture
- Experience with test driven development is preferable. Our developers are involved significantly with testing and validation as well, as such a test and validation mindset is needed.
- Build web experiences using React.js
- Implement supporting API's/Endpoints
- Work with the end users and incorporate feedback to improve on the HMI's and Dashboards.
- Support the team in any engineering efforts including creating internal tools, testing, and system controls
- Implement and instill world class software development practices
We are headquartered in Alameda, CA with an easy commute via Bart, Ferry, Amtrak and free parking. We take the well being of our teammates seriously, with benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and more! We also allow for flexible work schedules and remote options when possible.
If you love new projects, building awesome products and getting stuff done, then we want to talk to you! Simply submit your information below.