Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
As a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, releasing, and launching mechanical systems for current and future Bumblebee products.
You will be part of the team that creates and executes world class mechanical systems in terms of styling, function and quality.
You will utilize your expertise in designing and delivering entire systems rather than just components.
You will report to the Director of Hardware Engineering.
• Concept Engineering & feasibility
• Optimize packaging within product architecture
• Design to deliver market leading system targets for craftsmanship, function, cost and weight
• Participate in the iterative process with the Bumblebee design studio to deliver the optimal balance of form vs. function vs. cost
• Detail design including datum & fixation strategy, GD&T
• Complete and release component & sub system design, utilizing a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required
• Utilize DFSS methodologies as appropriate during the design, validation and launch of the program
• Produce and Interpret simulation results and integrate solutions into product design
• Collaborate with key suppliers for approving tooling designs
• Support overall product development milestones, prototype, and production build events
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the greater Bumblebee family
• Responsible for technical documentation to include DFMEAs, DVP&R’s.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME preferred) or 5 years of experience in a similar field. Evidence of following the design process from initial concept stages through tooling release and production launch, having completed 3D and 2D CAD
• Experience managing suppliers for product development
• Have a good mix of designing a variety of materials (stamped, injection mold, cast, etc.) and designing kinematics and mechanisms
• Understand the fundamental differences in design and engineering between low and high volume production,
• Strong familiarity with the development of specifications, DFMEAs, DVP&R’s and other technical documents;
• Demonstrate an ability to manage difficult projects with tight timing constraints and provide examples of such scenarios throughout your career.