Supply Chain Manager
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Burro is the leading robotics company in the world by number of robots working outdoors in the field with real customers. Our mission is to free people from tedious work and solve the critical labor shortages faced by farmers and others that work outdoors.
To accomplish our mission, we need a world-class, diverse team where everyone feels comfortable sharing their ideas. With this in mind, we strive to create a work environment where every employee can be themselves and express their perspective – this enables us to deliver the most creative and innovative solutions to problems our customers face.
Headquartered in Philadelphia with an office in central California, and backed by top Agtech and autonomy investors, including S2G, Cibus, FPrime, Toyota Ventures, FFVC, Xplorer, and Radicle, Burro was created to solve the labor shortages facing farmers using robotics.
Burros can be described as Disney's Wall-E for agriculture and work outdoors, in a 1.0 format. They function, today, as computer vision based autonomous ground vehicles for carrying, towing, and scouting, and are designed to lay the base for the fully autonomous future of work outdoors. We have a growing triple digit fleet deployed in paid commercial use within vineyards, nurseries, berries, and beyond, and demand for our product is accelerating, so we are growing our team.
We are seeking a Supply Chain Manager to lead sourcing, procurement, and inventory management across our growing product line. Additionally, this role will be accountable for material cost reductions through sourcing, supplier consolidation and strategic network design, and ensuring we source the right parts the first time with the optimal suppliers to exceed our customers’ expectations around performance, reliability, delivery, and cost. The ideal candidate will have direct experience sourcing parts across a wide variety of commodities, including electronics, metal fabrication, cable assemblies, mechanical components (such as motors, wheels, tires), and a demonstrated track record of achieving aggressive cost targets for a high growth product line.
- Own material cost across the product portfolio, identify cost down opportunities, and drive implementation of these cost reductions
- Optimize on hand inventory to achieve 4-6 week lead time on new orders through efficient raw material procurement across our network of contract manufacturers and suppliers
- Negotiate supply agreements with suppliers that support our strategic objectives
- Maintain purchasing and inventory management system to ensure accurate inventory levels and product COGS
- Drive improved product quality through supplier management and RMA processes
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, operations management, finance, or related fields
- 3-6 years of experience in sourcing, procurement, and/or inventory management
- Proven track record of setting and achieving ambitious goals
- Fierce negotiation skills - be the face of the company when negotiating supplier terms
- High level of resilience to push through challenges and adapt to changing conditions
- Proven communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to “go-and-see” customers’ operations to ensure our the product sourced addresses customer needs
- Master's degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain / Operations or a related field
- Management experience and/or experience building a supply chain team
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Tableau)
- Experience with Cin7 inventory management system, Quickbooks, and Duro PLM (or close equivalents)
- Competitive salary and benefits package (medical/dental/vision)
- Early-Stage Equity
- 401K Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
RECRUITERS: We are NOT accepting agency resumes for this position. Please do not forward or submit resumes through our website or to any of our employees directly. Burro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.