Senior Mechanical Engineer
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Burro is the leading robotics company in the world by number of robots working outdoors in the field with real customers. Our mission is to free people from tedious work and solve the critical labor shortages faced by farmers and others that work outdoors.
To accomplish our mission, we need a world-class, diverse team where everyone feels comfortable sharing their ideas. With this in mind, we strive to create a work environment where every employee can be themselves and express their perspective – this enables us to deliver the most creative and innovative solutions to problems our customers face.
Headquartered in Philadelphia with an office in central California, and backed by top Agtech and autonomy investors, including S2G, Catalyst Investors, Translink Capital, Cibus, FPrime, Toyota Ventures, FFVC, Xplorer, and Radicle, Burro was created to solve the labor shortages facing farmers using robotics.
Burros can be described as Disney's Wall-E for agriculture and work outdoors, in a 1.0 format. They function, today, as computer vision based autonomous ground vehicles for carrying, towing, and scouting, and are designed to lay the base for the fully autonomous future of work outdoors. We have a growing triple digit fleet deployed in paid commercial use within vineyards, nurseries, berries, and beyond, and demand for our product is accelerating, so we are growing our team.
About you: You believe in our mission and are passionate about hardware in real-world-use and production. You are motivated by making a direct impact on the trajectory of the company you work for. You enjoy defeating complex problems, and love to build, tinker and create with a driven team.
- Design, develop, and test mechanical systems, including attachments, that will scale into the production of 1,000’s of robots
- Collaborate across the hardware team, including embedded and electrical engineers
- Work closely with our operations and manufacturing team to ensure the timely and high-quality production of hardware components
- Continuously evaluate and improve hardware designs to provide a product that serves our customers, being both mindful of cost and reliability
- Perform testing and troubleshooting to identify and resolve hardware issues
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Over 5 years of work experience in Hardware development
- Strong CAD software and design tool
- Strong Product driven attitude
- Strong problem-solving skills and a hands-on, do-it-yourself attitude
- Ability to communicate well and work effectively with high performance teams
- Experience with hardware testing and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain management
- Experience designing mobile robots, a plus
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (medical/dental/vision)
- 401K Plan
- Early-stage equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
RECRUITERS: We are not accepting agency resumes for this position. Please do not forward or submit resumes through our website or to any of our employees directly. Burro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.