User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Specialist for Robotics
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Burro is the leading robotics company in the world by number of robots working outdoors in the field with real customers. Our mission is to free people from tedious work and solve the critical labor shortages faced by farmers and others that work outdoors.
To accomplish our mission, we need a world-class, diverse team where everyone is comfortable sharing their ideas. With this in mind, we strive to create a work environment where every employee can be themselves and express their perspective – this enables us to deliver the most creative and innovative solutions to problems our customers face.
Headquartered in Philadelphia with an office in central California, and backed by top Agtech and autonomy investors, including Translink, Catalyst, S2G, Cibus, FPrime, Toyota Ventures, FFVC, Xplorer, and Radicle, Burro was created to solve the labor shortages facing farmers using robotics.
Burros can be described as Disney's Wall-E for agriculture and work outdoors, in a 1.0 format. They function, today, as computer vision based autonomous ground vehicles for carrying, towing, scouting, patrolling, and mowing, and are designed to lay the base for the fully autonomous future of work outdoors. We have a growing triple digit fleet deployed in paid commercial use within nurseries, vineyards, berries, and beyond, and demand for our product is accelerating, so we are growing our team.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Specialist to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring our product meets our business requirements, safety standards, and provides seamless integration into our operational workflows. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product management, and users, to develop and execute comprehensive UAT plans for our robot fleet deployments. Your expertise will help us achieve product excellence.
- Develop and manage detailed UAT plans, including test cases, scenarios, and success criteria, focused on robot functionality, safety, and human-robot interaction.
- Execute, design and manage verification tests for the software release candidates.
- Execute, design and manage endurance tests for new hardware components (ie, new tires or new motors).
- Execute, design and manage certification tests needed for the different products.
- Execute data collection tests that might be specific for different features.
- Execute test cases in simulated and live environments, coordinating with human participants to assess robot performance and integration.
- Perform maintenance of Burro’s internal fleet of robots. Fix components that are broken, ensure that the robot fleet is available.
- Document testing outcomes, report issues, and work with technical teams and vendors to resolve identified problems.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and operational needs for robot deployment.
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders on UAT progress, findings, and issue resolution status.
- Participate in the final acceptance and sign-off process, ensuring robots meet all specified requirements before full-scale deployment..
- Continuously update knowledge on robot technologies, testing methodologies, and industry best practices to improve UAT strategies and processes.
- Experience in robotics, automation, or quality assurance may be considered. Science or Engineering related degree.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute detailed UAT plans and test cases.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a testing role, with a strong preference for candidates with experience in robotics, mechanical, or manufacturing environments.
- Experience working in a farm, nursery or similar agricultural environment is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and manage projects with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of safety standards and compliance requirements for industrial robots and automation.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting, repairing, and performing routine maintenance on test equipment, along with a good understanding of hardware-software integration.
- Experience in training and documentation for technical systems is a plus.
- Clean driving license and willingness to travel to our test farm for testing.
- This role will demand a certain level of physical activity and capability, and working outdoors during testing.
Nice To Have:
- A truck for transporting robots.
- Competitive salary and benefits package (medical/dental/vision)
- Early-Stage Equity
- 401K Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
RECRUITERS: We are not accepting agency resumes for this position. Please do not forward or submit resumes through our website or to any of our employees directly. Burro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.