Test Engineer II (Onsite)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Test Engineers @ May
Test Engineers serve as key stakeholders in the R&D process, planning and executing tests for the software and hardware that goes into our autonomous vehicles. May uses a variety of requirements-based testing techniques to accomplish this. Since we operate in a relatively new space, Test Engineers often have to get creative to get the job done, pioneering new processes along the way. Our testing touches both R&D for future systems and quality validation of deployed products. The Test Engineer will report to our Test and Validation Manager.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success:
- Develop and execute comprehensive, well-structured test plans for May’s autonomous vehicle fleet and infrastructure, including software, firmware, hardware, and mechanical components
- Champion product quality, introspection, and validation throughout the product development process
- Interpret test results, produce follow-up plans, and ensure compliance with quality standards
- Work with engineers and designers to fully understand validation needs in order to provide testing support in a fast-moving development environment
- Thoroughly document issues encountered during testing and validation
- Contribute to product quality metrics and acceptance criteria
- Use automated, functional, performance, stress, regression, white-box, black-box, and soak testing methodologies to test systems, subsystems, and products efficiently
- Create and manage processes and guidelines for vehicle quality testing and deployment
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable engineering field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience testing complex safety-critical systems involving software, firmware, and/or hardware, preferably in an automotive context
- Experience designing and executing tests
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and plan
- Strong communication skills on technical and non-technical levels
- Familiarity with product and software life cycles
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Ability to undergo a driving record check
- Ability to operate and drive May Mobility vehicles
- Master’s degree in an applicable engineering field
- Experience testing vehicles or autonomous robotic systems
- Previous contributions to engineering processes
- Experience using Linux-based operating systems
- Coding and/or scripting experience in high level languages (Java / Python)
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive healthcare suite including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans. Domestic partners who have been residing together at least one year are also eligible to participate!
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Healthcare and Dependent Care Accounts available.
- Rich retirement benefits, including an immediately vested employer safe harbor match.
- Generous paid parental leave with immediate eligibility as well as a phased return to work.
- Flexible vacation policy in addition to 15 paid company holidays.
- Competitive salary and equity program as well as a bonus program.
- Daily catered lunches and snacks for onsite employees
- Employee Work Perk Stipends for hybrid and remote employees
- Total Wellness Program providing numerous resources for overall wellbeing
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.