Head of Legal
At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. Our technology helps prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
Nauto is a proud member of the Forbes AI 50 list, which recognizes standouts in privately-held North American companies making the most interesting and effective use of artificial intelligence technology.
The Head of Legal will play a key role in various corporate legal matters, including , commercial transactions, fundraising, and contract negotiation, and advising executive business partners. They will be responsible for defining and implementing company policies such as privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Oversee all corporate legal matters, fundraising, and commercial transactions.
- Draft, review, and negotiate complex contracts with Fortune100 fleets, automotive manufacturers, insurance companies and channel partners.
- Provide legal advice on a wide range of corporate legal issues, including corporate governance, regulatory compliance, and risk management.
- Work closely with our executive team on strategic initiatives, including corporate financing and business development opportunities.
- Advise on the legal aspects of strategic business decisions and transactions.
- Collaborate with outside counsel as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, and corporate policies in the US, Japan and other international countries Nauto enters.
- Develop and implement corporate legal strategy and legal risk management.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice in California.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a corporate legal role, preferably in a startup or tech-focused environment.
- Proven experience in corporate financing, and commercial transactions.
- Strong understanding of corporate law, contracts, and licensing.
- International experience, technical background in software or AI.
- Law firm experience, a plus.
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Solid knowledge of corporate law and governance.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of professional ethics and integrity.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
The US base salary for this full-time position is $210,000-$280,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US, remote locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your work location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity or benefits.