Sr. Electrical Systems Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2023
Do you want to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing, VC backed, robotic logistics company? Then join Pickle Robot! Founded by an all ages cast of MIT alum, we are teaching off-the-shelf robot arms how to pick up boxes and play tetris with them. Video
At Pickle, our goal is to work alongside people in the very messy world of the loading dock, reducing the backbreaking human effort that goes into getting your online orders to your door.
Robots can now autonomously move themselves around; the next frontier is doing something useful with their hands when they get somewhere. If you are excited by walking/biking to work in Cambridge, MA to spend the day helping solve mechatronic systems problems with an incredible team of engineers then visit please apply and send us a resume!
Pickle Robot Company is a fun place with a lot of moving parts and projects in action. The work has human scale physicality, lots of problems to solve in the lab, and on-site in-production realities at customer deployments. This particular job is not travel heavy but all engineers are encouraged to visit customer sites.
Pickle Robot Company is looking for an Senior Electrical System Engineer with experience with system design, analog/digital printed circuit boards, power electronics, system wiring/interfaces, compliance design and test, Production support. S/He will lead all the electrical engineering design, test, and support within its cross-functional R&D team.
- Designs, reviews, and manages electrical systems and subsystems focusing on safety, EMC, and related applicable compliance when required
- Power, control, and communications architecture and design for product and its application environment
- Development of electrical requirements and specifications
- Cost effective electrical design solutions for manufacturability
- Collaborates effectively with technical cross-discipline to develop innovative system solutions
- Creates and maintains final electrical engineering drawings and related documentation
- Prepares and conducts technical design reviews
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 8+ years of relevant work experience, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated background in robotic systems integration
- Background in safety, electrical, and control systems designs, for industrial automation
- AC and DC low voltage power distribution and protection
- 3 phase industrial power systems (USA and Europe)
- Cabling harness design and interconnect experience
- Experience with power electronics, motors, motor control, sensors (e.g., Hall effect, encoders, load cells)
- PCB design, schematic layout and assembly experience a plus