Robotic Operations Technician (Greater Chicago/Pleasant Prairie, WI)
Pleasant Prairie, WI, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Do you want to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing, VC backed, robotic logistics company? Then join Pickle Robot! Founded by an all ages cast of MIT alum, we are teaching robots how to unload trucks. At Pickle, our goal is to work alongside people in the very messy world of the loading dock, reducing the backbreaking human effort that goes into getting your online orders to your door.
As a robotic operations technician, you will often be the person directly interfacing with the customer. You will be operating, maintaining, and installing robots at an ever-expanding number of sites. This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on the health and functionality of our fast-growing fleet of robots deployed in logistics warehouses across the United States. Fluency in Spanish is a big plus as it helps us interact with some of our warehouse associate stakeholders.
- Operate a class C Mobile Robot that unloads trucks
- Deploy and install automation solutions, including industrial robot arms, software, and auxiliary hardware
- Provide on-call technical support to customers post-deployment.
- Conduct on-site integration and test activities
- Be the primary field point of contact for customers. Be able to explain complex issues and processes to our customer operations team in clear and simple language, using customer service techniques to de-escalate customer concerns and keep customers informed.
- Execute field retrofits.
- Work with mechanical, electrical, and software engineers on troubleshooting field issues
- Use clear written communication to describe issues and bugs seen in the field and suggest potential solutions
- Work with other Technicians and Deployment Engineers to deploy and manage installations at customer sites
- Hands-on experience solving issues with complex electro-mechanical equipment (Robotics experience preferred, but experience in Automotive, Construction, Manufacturing, Aerospace, etc. sectors is acceptable)
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows GUI and CLI
- Basic familiarity with wiring/electronics (Multimeters, O-Scope, etc.)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow step-by-step safety procedures exactly. Lock-Out-Tag-Out for example.
- Willingness to work in hot/cold and uncomfortable conditions (warehouses are often not climate controlled)
- Ability to read engineering drawings and other engineering-produced documentation
- General understanding of networking (IP Addresses, DNS Servers, etc.)
- Experience reading debug machine output and logs
- Experience in field services or deployment positions is a plus
- Spanish language proficiency is extremely valuable
- Be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs
Annual salary, bonus, & equity commensurate with experience.
Employee benefits include health, dental, & vision insurance; unlimited vacation, along with all federal and state holidays; 401K contributions of 5% your salary (1% employee contribution required); $2K “toy budget” for peripherals, travel supplies, and other items to make your working life more fun, comfortable, and productive
Company headquarters are located in Cambridge, MA
Customer sites are scattered across North America.
This position will be based out of Greater Chicago Area.
Position requires significant travel (50%-70%) to customer sites in North America
Where possible, we will assign travel within a geographic region, but may require cross-country travel on occasion.
Occasional travel will be required as part of On-Call technical support duties when not deploying technology with a new customer