(Senior) Software Engineer - Munich
Senior Software Engineer
Artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming our world. It can perform cognitive functions that previously only humans could do, such as perceiving interactions across different environments with the ability to quickly learn and then solve complex problems. At Recogni we have innovative approaches to machine learning, high-resolution imaging, perception processing, and high-performance computation with industry-leading low-power efficiency. We’re a well-funded, fast-paced startup company with headquarters in San Jose, CA, and Munich, Germany; we also have many talented team members working remotely. We’re at the leading edge of advancing the latest research and product improvements for AI inference solutions that will make AI even more useful for compelling new applications.
About the Role
To keep pace in this exciting, multi-disciplinary field, we’re looking for a skilled software engineer to join our team in developing an advanced AI SDK to convert neural networks to our proprietary accelerator hardware. This role calls for a dynamic individual who understands how to shape and architect a scalable software library that will be used by an internal and external audience. If that’s you, then we’d love to talk!
Where you’d help us:
- Library Development and Design: Contribute and shape the development and design of our software libraries. Your expertise will be crucial in building a robust, scalable, and user-friendly AI SDK.
- AI Model Compression: Innovate in the field of AI by developing and integrating new model compression methods, algorithms, and analysis techniques into our software stack, enhancing the performance and efficiency of AI models. We have a dedicated team focusing on this matter that you will closely collaborate with.
- Software Emulation of our Hardware: Work on improving the software emulation of our hardware platforms. This involves enhancing its capabilities using C++/CUDA and optimizing its speed.
- Experience: 2-3+ years of experience in software engineering, with a proven track record in developing Python libraries that have been successfully delivered to customers or the open-source community.
- Programming Languages: Strong proficiency in Python is essential. Knowledge of C++ and experience with CUDA are a plus.
- Machine Learning: A solid understanding of modern deep learning methodologies and their practical applications (e.g., object detection, LLMs, stable diffusion). Familiarity with model compression techniques like low-precision quantization, weight sharing, or knowledge distillation is advantageous.
- Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field.
- Team Collaboration: Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment that innovates with passion. A successful candidate embraces challenges and is dedicated to continuous improvement and learning.
Reasons to consider joining Recogni:
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; be part of shaping one of the most exciting new companies.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision to Systems & Device Engineering.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks and us!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible work hours & generous PTO policies
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.