Sr. AI Application Software Engineer - Munich
Recogni develops high-compute, low-power, low-latency AI processors for autonomous vehicles. Recogni’s AI processing capability is backed by unique patents that significantly reduce power consumption and effectively extend driving range.
The current system delivers unprecedented inference performance through novel edge processing, allowing vehicles to see farther and make driving decisions faster than humans while consuming minimal amounts of energy. We are well underway in developing our next generation processor and are looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and share our passion in making driving autonomy accessible to all with minimal impact on the environment.
Backed by Celesta Capital, Continental, Robert Bosch, GreatPoint Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, BMW i Ventures, The Mayfield Fund, and other leading VC partners, the company is headquartered in San Jose, California with an equally-sized office in Munich, Germany. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow.
About the role:
We are seeking a Senior AI Software Engineer.
Join our team as an AI Software Engineer and contribute to building cutting-edge AI solutions aligned with our product vision. You'll play a crucial role in developing a diverse range of AI applications, from generative models to advanced perception systems.
Your responsibilities will include crafting AI algorithms and models, spanning from innovative generative AI to comprehensive perception frameworks for autonomous driving. You'll collaborate with a dynamic team to create state-of-the-art solutions, pushing the boundaries of existing technology while deploying it on Recogni’s custom hardware solution.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Conceptualize, develop and release AI functionalities around NN architecture design, loss function design, data pipeline engineering, data acquisition guidelines, annotation guidelines, pre- and post-processing
- Compress and quantize state-of-the-art NN architectures
- Deploy, profile and analyze your work on our custom-designed hardware
- Coordinate with other departments (silicon, software, compiler, product, business development)
- Pro-actively maintain up-to-date knowledge of our field through papers, blogs, conferences, meetups
- Preferred Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in Python, with experience in PyTorch and corresponding frameworks.
- Ability to quickly extract relevant information from publications in our field.
- Very familiar with/fluent in the latest versions of the following tech stack (ordered by relevance):
- Python, Pytorch, Git(Hub/Lab), Tensorflow
- GCP, Nvidia (TensorRT)
- Kubernetes, Flyte
- CUDA, C/C++
- Solid knowledge in at least two of the fields:
- 2D/3D single- and two-stage, Mono and Stereo Object Detection
- Semantic, Instance, Panoptic Segmentation (incl. Lane Markings, Free Space, Drivable Space etc.)
- Natural Language Processing, incl. LLM (LLama, ChatGPT-X, …)
- Diffusion Models, Vision-Language Models, Neural Radiance Fields
- Where you will stand out:
- Min. 2 years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience with data centers, high-performance computing and/or distributed computing
Reasons to consider joining Recogni:
- A vibrant working environment with motivated leaders, where every idea counts.
- Be at the forefront of AI development while keeping abreast of the latest techniques in AI processing.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision to Systems and Device Engineering.
- Flexibility in your work location - choose between working from home, our modern office, or a hybrid of both.
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks!
- A competitive salary package, reflective of your skills and experience.
- Opportunities for professional growth and learning, including workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Employee Stock Plan.
- An inclusive and diverse work culture that values every individual's contribution.
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.