(Senior) Generative AI Deployment Engineer - San Jose
(Senior) Generative AI Deployment Engineer
Artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming our world. It can perform cognitive functions that previously only humans could do, such as perceiving interactions across different environments with the ability to quickly learn and solve complex problems. At Recogni we have innovative approaches to machine learning, high-resolution imaging, perception processing, and high-performance computation with industry-leading power efficiency. We’re a well-funded, fast-paced startup company with headquarters in San Jose, CA, and Munich, Germany; we also have many talented team members working remotely. We’re at the leading edge of advancing the latest research and product improvements for AI inference solutions that will make AI even more useful for compelling new applications.
About the Role
To keep pace in this exciting, multi-disciplinary field, we’re looking for a skilled software engineer to join our team in developing our next-generation software stack for distributed AI computing at scale. This role calls for a dynamic individual who understands how to shape and architect scalable and high-performance software to accelerate generative AI workloads on our custom hardware accelerators. If that’s you, then we’d love to talk!
Where you’d help us:
- AI Stack Development: Contribute to the design and implementation of the software stack that will drive the next generation of high-performance, low-power AI inference hardware.
- Hardware-Software Co-Design: Participate in the co-design of Recogni’s hardware and software stack, particularly in the area of parallelizing AI models over many devices.
- Future Requirements of ML: Collaborate closely with machine learning engineers to identify the requirements of future machine learning workloads.
- Performance Optimization: Benchmark, analyze, and optimize the performance of key software components of our AI deployment software stack.
- Experience: 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Programming Languages: Proficiency in C++, Python, and modern machine learning frameworks.
- ML Deployment: Experience in optimizing and deploying machine learning models, preferably LLMs, for efficient inference.
- Distributed systems: A good understanding of and ideally experience with high-performance distributed computing.
- Hardware Compilation: Familiarity with hardware accelerators (GPUs, TPUs) will help. Experience with open-source compiler technologies such as TVM, XLA, MLIR, or LLVM is a big plus.
Reasons to consider joining Recogni:
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; be part of shaping one of the most exciting new AI products.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields, from Artificial Intelligence to Systems & Device Engineering.
- Perks including meals, snacks, drinks and us!
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flexible work hours & generous PTO policies
Recogni is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse team is better at tackling complex problems and coming up with innovative solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Recogni employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.