Senior Design Engineer - Plastics / BodyWorks
River is an electric vehicle startup building multi-utility scooters. The company builds products ground up with a strong focus on design and engineering. Currently, the company is in the expansion stage as we have commenced our vehicle deliveries in Bangalore with over 100+ vehicles on road. River is backed by marquee international investors - Dubai based Al-Futtaim Group, Lowcarbon Capital, Toyota Ventures, Israel based Maniv mobility and US based Trucks VC. These are mobility focused funds backed by some of the big names in the automotive industry. River is founded by experienced automotive professionals and is a fast growing company with a team of 400+ people.
Website : https://www.rideriver.com/
Location : Whitefield Bangalore(On-site)
Job Role: Senior Design Engineer - BW/Plastics
● Responsible for the design of plastic trims on the vehicle using CATIA V5
● Work in tandem with the structures team to define the mounting strategies for the trims.
● Coordinate with the testing team for the validation of the components.
● Maintain and conduct FMEA for the plastic trims and associated parts.
● Conduct tolerance stack up analysis to meet the fit and finish requirements specified.
● Liaison between the industrial design team and body works team for arriving at engineering
● Draft, release and maintain drawings of the plastic trims in 3Ds PLM.
● Coordinate with the cross functional teams to conclude on the best suited engineering
solution for the plastic trims.
Required Skills And Experience:
● 4-8 years of experience in plastic design and has been a part of the development of the
trims for a two wheeler or a four wheeler product.
● Relevant knowledge of PLM platforms like 3Ds.
● Good understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA) and
Design for Serviceability(DFS).
● Well versed with the manufacturing aspects of the Injection moulding processes.
● Basic understanding of the plastic mould flow analysis.
● Well versed in engineering plastic material selection and properties.
● Knowledge on rubber is an added advantage.
● Knowledge on critical to quality requirements for plastic part development.
● Good knowledge on GD&T and well versed with modelling and drafting of drawings in
CATIA V5. This is a must.
● Knowledge of sheet metal and fabrication is an added advantage.