Senior Design Engineer - Chassis / Structural
River is an electric vehicle startup building multi-utility scooters. The company builds products ground up with a strong focus on design and engineering. Currently, the company is in the expansion stage as we have commenced our vehicle deliveries in Bangalore with over 100+ vehicles on road. River is backed by marquee international investors - Dubai based Al-Futtaim Group, Lowcarbon Capital, Toyota Ventures, Israel based Maniv mobility and US based Trucks VC. These are mobility focused funds backed by some of the big names in the automotive industry. River is founded by experienced automotive professionals and is a fast growing company with a team of 400+ people.
Website : https://www.rideriver.com/
Location : Whitefield Bangalore(On-site)
● Responsible for designing the chassis and sub systems.
● Understand vehicle/sub system functional objectives, inter dependencies and study the
packaging, serviceability, plant assembly process/ decking and cost implications.
● Define appropriate system-level engineering targets to meet function, quality and
● Prepare Failure Mode Avoidance activities including DFMEA ensuring all relevant
● Conduct the resolution of design, attribute or packaging incompatibilities through the
appropriate cross-functional meetings.
● Generate and implement VA/VE ideas to reduce the product material cost.
Required Skills And Experience:
● 4-8 years of experience in structural design and has been a part of the development of the
chassis or other structural parts for a two wheeler.
● Relevant knowledge of PLM platforms. Experience with Dassault 3DExperience a plus.
● Good understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA) and
Design for Serviceability(DFS).
● Well versed with the manufacturing aspects of the sheet metal
● Basic understanding of TQM principles, Quality in Design Philosophy.
● Basic understanding of FEA analysis.
● Good knowledge on GD&T and well versed with modelling and drafting of drawings on solid
works . This is a must.
● Understanding of vehicle dynamics and its dependency on vehicle parts and assembly
parameters is a plus.
● College Design Competition Experience a plus (FSAE, BAJA, AERO SAE, SHELL ECO MARATHON, etc)