A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Reusable systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. A key ingredient to making reusable systems is the ability to test hardware quickly. As a Test Technician working at our Moses Lake test facility, you will be responsible for building fluid, electronic, and structural test stand systems, preparing the test facility for test operations, troubleshooting test related issues, and supporting general test operations. You will fabricate parts and assemblies from blueprints, drawings, and/or verbal instructions. You will fabricate parts and assemblies using power tools, hand tools, and other typical shop equipment. You will work directly with experienced rocket design and operations engineers. You must be ready to stay focused, move fast, self-direct, and learn on the fly.
- Bend, proof, and clean stainless steel tubing systems
- Safely operate various power tools, saws, and other heavy-duty equipment
- Work closely with engineers for test stand maintenance and operations
- Support troubleshooting efforts
- Safely work around hazardous chemicals and high pressure systems
- Safely operate forklift, telehandler, and man lift
- As part of a small team, you will also perform everyday tasks to keep the site running (shipping and receiving, administrative tasks, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate
- 6+ years of experience in mechanical fabrication, specifically stainless steel tube bending
- Wire harness and electrical connector fabrication
- Willing to work outdoors for long periods of time
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Passion for building something with high quality, willing to attend work with a positive and humble attitude, and willing to take ownership of large and small tasks to help the team be successful
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Unbeatable drive and ownership
- Ability to lead
- Ability to follow
- Experience as a welder
- Experience with crane operations
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Level 3 Range:$38 - $57/hour
- Level 4 Range: $46 - $69/hour
Our job posts are intentionally written to attract a wide variety of experience levels, and we make decisions about the right fit on a per-candidate basis.
Your actual level and base salary will be decided based on your specific experience and skill level.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including with respect to disability and veteran status. It is committed to compliance with all equal opportunity laws, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and Title VII. It does not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, citizenship, immigration status, or any other protected class when it comes to employment practices, including hiring.
Employment at the Company is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference and background checks, and on your ability to prove your identity and authorization to work in the U.S. for the Company. Employees must comply with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services employment verification requirements, and, therefore, they must complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 at the start of employment and re-verify authorization to work periodically.
Separate from this I-9 process, this position entails access to certain technology and technical data that is restricted under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Employment or continued employment may be conditioned on your legal authorization to work with or have access to export control materials as necessary to perform your job.