Sr Full Stack Software Development Engineer
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
“Scaling rocket development, from lightbulb to liftoff” – That is our goal as the Productivity tools software engineering team here at Stoke. Reusable launch systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. An instrumental ingredient to making reusable launch vehicles is the ability to move fast. As a Backend Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for building industry leading productivity tools, both internal and external. The ideal candidate will have experience delivering backend systems, services, and APIs with an emphasis on operational excellence. This candidate will also have experience building and improvement deployment pipelines, practices, and processes.
- Lead the Design, Implement, Document, and Deploy backend systems and APIs
- Improve system operations including building robust CI/CD pipelines
- Lead, mentor, and grow junior software engineers
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, refining requirements and building scalable systems
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in web development and design trends
- Ability to contribute to front-end and full stack development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field / experience
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated history of delivering reliable and maintainable distributed systems
- Strong proficiency with backend systems including cloud, MQ, containerization technologies
- Ability to lead and mentor other developers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Level 3 Range: $143,300 - $215,000
- Level 4 Range: $172,000 - $257,900
- Level 5 Range: $206,400 - $309,500
Our job posts are intentionally written to attract a wide variety of experience levels, and we make decisions about the right fit on a per-candidate basis.
Your actual level and base salary will be decided based on your specific experience and skill level.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including with respect to disability and veteran status. It is committed to compliance with all equal opportunity laws, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and Title VII. It does not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, citizenship, immigration status, or any other protected class when it comes to employment practices, including hiring.
Employment at the Company is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference and background checks, and on your ability to prove your identity and authorization to work in the U.S. for the Company. Employees must comply with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services employment verification requirements, and, therefore, they must complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 at the start of employment and re-verify authorization to work periodically.
Separate from this I-9 process, this position entails access to certain technology and technical data that is restricted under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Employment or continued employment may be conditioned on your legal authorization to work with or have access to export control materials as necessary to perform your job.