A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Fully reusable systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. We are seeking a full-time Manufacturing Engineer to join our dynamic team. This purpose of this role is to design, build, and operate a prototype production line within our factory in Kent. You will be responsible for developing processes, designing tooling, and driving DFM into the product to enable the production of a fully reusable rocket that is simple to produce. A qualified candidate will take a first principles approach to move decisively and create an iterative production line design from machining parts through shipping a fully integrated rocket. You must be ready to stay focused, move fast, self-direct, and learn on the fly.
- Experience with detailed mechanical designs including machined parts, additive parts, weldments, fasteners, seals, and especially assemblies.
- Strong fundamentals in GD&T, tolerance stackups
- Demonstrated understanding of configuration management and change control
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience designing tooling and fixturing
- Proficiency in process development and research
- Ability to lead
- Ability to follow
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering, or similar
- Willing to relocate to Seattle, WA
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- 401(k) match
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Level 1: $71,700 - $107,500
- Level 2: $89,600 - $134,500
- Level 3: $112,000 - $168,100
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including with respect to disability and veteran status. It is committed to compliance with all equal opportunity laws, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and Title VII. It does not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, citizenship, immigration status, or any other protected class when it comes to employment practices, including hiring.
Employment at the Company is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference and background checks, and on your ability to prove your identity and authorization to work in the U.S. for the Company. Employees must comply with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services employment verification requirements, and, therefore, they must complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 at the start of employment and re-verify authorization to work periodically.
Separate from this I-9 process, this position entails access to certain technology and technical data that is restricted under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Employment or continued employment may be conditioned on your legal authorization to work with or have access to export control materials as necessary to perform your job.