Vehicle Software Platform Engineer
STOKE Space Technologies
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Reusable systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. Rock solid software orchestration stretching from the embedded rocket software to the test stand to the cloud is a key enabler to reaching that dream. Your primary responsibility will be developing an orchestration platform that includes packaging, deployments, rollbacks, visibility and a general developer experience for the vehicle software team. You will also help build out a developer workflow for both software and non software engineers to tighten the test loop and provide visibility throughout the development process. You must be ready to stay focused, move fast, self-direct, and learn on the fly.
- Exceptional Command of CI/CD and platform fundamentals
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer engineering, or similar
- 4-8 years of experience in the platform or infrastructure engineering fields
- Expert in fleet management tools like chef, puppet or ansible
- Managed a fleet at scales greater than 100 nodes
- Expert in CI/CD pipelines like GitHub actions or Jenkins
- Proficiency with package management like yum, apt, or bitbake
- Proficiency with containers and container management like docker and docker compose
- Experience with edge devices and bare metal embedded systems
- Experience with AWS or cloud creation like Pulumi
- Experience with secrets management
- Ability to lead
- Ability to follow
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with linux distro builders Yocto or buildroot
- Experience with VSCode and VSCode plugins
- Experience with Backstage
- Develop an orchestration platform that handles deployments and package management of all rocket, test stand, hardware in the loop and software in the loop runtimes.
- Create a developer experience that allows software and non software engineers to iterate quickly with visibility throughout the process.
- Work with the vehicle software team to keep workflows streamlined and effective in both embedded and cloud domains.
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Meaningful equity
- Level 2 Range: $114,600 - $172,000
- Level 3 Range: $143,300 - $215,000
Our job posts are intentionally written to attract a wide variety of experience levels, and we make decisions about the right fit on a per-candidate basis.
Your actual level and base salary will be decided based on your specific experience and skill level.
With all that said, we are trying to be intentional about changing our industry standards. Even if you don't have 100% of the qualifications, we still want you to apply. We recognize that talent comes in all shapes and sizes, and if you are excited about working here, we want to hear from you!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Something looks off?