Sr. Operations Manager
Third Wave Automation
Third Wave Automation is a rapidly growing startup that has demonstrated its core technology components, proven its market fit, and just closed its Series B funding. If you are excited about cutting edge machine learning, robotics that affects the real world, and want to join a company where your skills can have a huge impact, you’ll fit right in.
Third Wave Automation is applying modern machine learning to materials handling—delivering site-specific forklift navigation and infrastructure-free pallet handling that continuously adapts to changing floor configuration and warehouse demand.
Third Wave Automation is looking for Sr. Operations Manager to drive the culture & lead the daily activities for onsite production team operating Third Wave’s autonomous forklift solution. Your time will be spent between managing the daily operational logistics, creating a positive workplace culture across customer sites nationally, mentoring the onsite team, and driving continuous improvement within the production teams and customers.
How You Can Make an Impact
- Develop and implement operational strategies aligned with the organization's overall goals and objectives.
- Utilize your warehouse operational domain knowledge to work with onsite production supervisors and customers across multiple locations and geographies to identify opportunities to optimize operational processes to enhance efficiency and/or reduce costs.
- Manage, mentor, and motivate a team of operations supervisors, and staff, setting performance expectations and providing feedback.
- Develop and manage the operations budget, ensuring that financial resources are allocated effectively and that cost control measures are in place.
- Implement and monitor production performance and collaborate with other operational teams to provide the highest level of support and services to meet customer needs.
- Oversee relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of materials and services to support production assets at customer sites.
- Work with both internal and external site safety teams to identify and mitigate operational risks, ensuring compliance with safety and regulatory standards.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the success and efficiency of operational activities.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure smooth interdepartmental operations and achieve common goals.
- Utilize your project management background to support onsite scheduling of assets and resources to balance production with R&D onsite testing needs
- Provide regular reports and updates to senior management on the performance of operations, including achievements and areas requiring attention.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the operations department, striving for increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure that the organization complies with all relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- 50%-75% domestic travel
- 7+ years work experience
- 2+ Project management experience
- 3-5 years working as Supervisor in an industrial or warehouse environment managing 3-5 associates
- Training experience a plus
- Bold: you’re adventurous, outgoing and optimistic; you’re confident making decisions and taking calculated risk
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: you have the vision, passion, and imagination; you are not afraid to ask, ‘what if’ and constantly challenge the status quo
- Versatile: you roll with the punches and don’t get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues and have a knack for delivering results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action and pave the way for efficiency
- Team-oriented: you have a track record of leading cross-functional teams and cultivating collaborative partnerships at all levels and departments of an organization
- Strategic: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging and use logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solving complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience and strive to deliver a product that is second to none
- A customer service obsession and a willingness to do whatever it takes to satisfy customer needs
- Effective communication and are a leader for employees, direct reports, cross-functional teams and executive leadership
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to business needs
- Willing to work weekends and/or night shifts when needed
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Strong continuous improvement skills
- Excitement for working in an environment with a high level of ambiguity and change
The pay range for this position is $90,000 - $170,000/yr +benefits+equity; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay information is based on market location.
More About Working Here
Our Core Values:
- Safety. We consider safety in everything we do.
- People. We care about our teammates as people.
- Encouragement. We encourage teaching, asking questions, and sharing opinions.
- Transparency. We are transparent and sincere in our actions.
A robust set of benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, and a 401k matching program, to boot!
- Flexible working schedule. Be productive when you work best.
- Show & Tell. We love to learn from one another, and see the cool stuff everyone is working on!
- Meals are covered. Lunch is provided every day, and dinner for those evenings that run long.
- Stacks of snacks. Donuts are a main food group, and the snack shelf is always stocked with a wide variety of items.
- Great teammates. One of the best parts of working here!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We value each person's expertise and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All qualified applicants able to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.