Preliminary Design Engineer ( All Gender)
We’re looking for a Senior Preliminary Design Engineer (All gender) to join our Aircraft Engineering Integration team based in Toulouse, France to support our journey to decarbonize the skies!
You will play a key role in the integration of new technologies and in the decarbonation of aviation thanks to your expertise in preliminary concept studies to assess the ongoing and future projects. You will also be working within a tight-knit and multidisciplinary team that will help to transform concepts into reality. An ideal candidate would have flexibility to start at the beginning of 2024.
About the Role
Your main task is to contribute to the design of new advanced concepts. As a Preliminary Design Engineer you will be in charge of the following missions:
- Analyze technologies concerning hydrogen candidate to become flightworthy
- Assess continuously the market of low/zero emission mobility
- Assess the design implications of future regional aircraft Universal Hydrogen platforms
- Participate in aircraft and systems design reviews.
- Knowledge of applicable main methods and tools for aircraft preliminary sizing (CS25, CS23, Urban Air Mobility).
- Familiarity with Research and Technology topics, relevant roadmaps and stakeholders in the domain of civil airplanes
- Knowledge of aircraft performances’ calculations for sales support
- Previous experience in hydrogen/electric aviation technologies is a plus
- Previous experience of working in an aircraft development program is a plus
- Passionate about sustainability and mitigating the impacts of climate change
- Master degree in aerospace engineering
- Strong mechanical engineering experience
- Enthusiastic at the prospect of team working on various topics
- Enjoying to take up new challenges
At Universal Hydrogen, our mission is to fuel carbon-free flight and reduce the climate impact of air travel. We are stitching together the end-to-end hydrogen value chain for aviation, both for hydrogen fuel and hydrogen-powered airplanes. We are building a transport and logistics network that moves hydrogen from production facilities to airports over the existing freight infrastructure, eliminating the need for costly new pipelines and storage facilities. Our system utilizes specialized capsules that safely store hydrogen during transit and act as modular fuel tanks that load directly onto aircraft. We are also developing powertrain conversion kits to retrofit existing airplanes and enable new airplanes to fly on hydrogen. Founded by former executives from Airbus, United Technologies, Google, and DARPA, and backed by investors such as Playground Global, Tencent, Toyota, GE, JetBlue, and Airbus, we are convinced that hydrogen is the best and only scalable solution to truly decarbonize aviation, and we want to bring it to market decades sooner—by 2026.