Head of Marketing
Vow is a food company - a very different one. We’re creating real meat products from animal cells instead of the animal itself.
We’re bringing together cutting edge innovations in science, engineering, culinary and design to make sustainable food that’s both irresistible and available to billions of people worldwide.
Earlier in 2023 Vow took the world by storm with our Woolly Mammoth Meatball, across thousands of press mentions and billions of impressions - all to start millions of dinner table conversations around the world about what it could mean to eat totally different meat. That one meatball also won a bronze Cannes lion and the LIA award.
We are now looking for a Head of Marketing to join our team at Vow. As Head of Marketing, you will drive our market presence and growth as we roll out Forged, our high end brand, first in premium dining and then in food retail.
You will dream up and bring to life Vow’s Marketing strategy, prioritising the team's efforts across three continents. You will partner closely with our Head of Product, you will shape how and what cultured meat we bring to billions around the world - all whilst being tastier, more nutritious than meat.
Some of the things you’ll do in this role:
- Refine our distinctive brand identity for Vow & Forged
- Successfully lead the launch multiple products across the globe, having a massive impact on revenue and margin
- Hire and lead a high-performing, world-class marketing team excited to bring a product to market the world has never seen
- Author a strategic marketing playbook for new markets allowing Vow to move quickly and perfect the launch process and scale up beyond a launch
- Build a marketing engine from scratch using best in market tools and systems
- Foster a community of passionate customers, early adopters, and advocates happy to beat the Vow drum
The experience you will bring:
- You are an incredible People Leader. You have experience hiring and retaining some of the best marketing talent in the world.
- You have successfully launched products in diverse international markets. Bonus points if you’ve launched multiple SKU’s but not essential.
- You’ve had high ownership and accountability for campaigns, strategies, launches, etc., that had amazing results in terms revenue and margin performance.
- You don’t mind oscillating between super strategic work and getting on the tools when required. Vow is a startup and all of our leaders are happy to get their hands dirty.
- Because of your experience working with products that are innovative, unique, or new to market, you’ll be able to help Vow see around corners in a way that someone who has worked exclusively with established or needs based products might not be able to.
- You’re data driven and can coach others on how to use data to identify patterns, behaviours and opportunities and apply a continual cycle of test-and-learn to drive growth and improve performance.
Vow, more than just a job.
Who we are and why join:
- We are building a diverse, mission-led dream team of “Vowzers.” Our mission is to make food products for everyone. To do that well we need a workforce that’s representative of the people we serve. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view - so we’re building a culture to match. Be yourself and come as you are.
- Work on cutting-edge technology. We’re bringing together cutting-edge innovations in science, engineering, and food, to recreate the world’s most tantalising and unique culinary experiences. All without compromising on ethics or our planet along the way. Since our inception in 2019, we have held the title of being the first startup to cultivate meat from the cells of an undomesticated animal, and have served up our exotic meats ranging from kangaroo dumplings to alpaca sliders in tastings with world-renowned chefs.
- Work with and learn from the best. Our team includes some of the world’s top scientists, innovators, operators, and creatives with decades of industry experience. Despite our experiences though, we all strive to build, break, learn, and repeat. We see the impossible as temporary and strive to learn and support our company and fellow Vowzers' growth as much as possible.
- We’re fully funded and ready to go. We are a growing Aussie biotech start-up backed by Blackbird Ventures, Square Peg Capital, Grok Ventures, Tenacious Ventures, P7 Ventures, Toyota Ventures, and PeakBridge VC.
Vow perks and benefits:
- Everyone is an owner. In addition to competitive base salaries, each and every ‘Vowzer’ owns equity in the company so we can all benefit from our hard work and future success.
- Generous paid parental leave. We offer 8 weeks of paid caregiver leave and an additional 8 weeks paid leave for the birth giver.
- Generous relocation budget & support. Support for interstate or overseas team members and their families (including pets!)
- Flexible working hours and location. We value work-life balance. While we’re mostly back in the office, you’re free to choose the best way for you to work.
- Unlimited personal leave. At Vow we recognise that sometimes you need time off to recuperate, look after your mental health, or simply deal with an emergency. We put unlimited personal leave in place to empower you to truly bring your best self to work every single day and you are always paid for days taken off as personal leave.
- Heaps of tasty samples from our culinary centre. Our fantastic "food inventors" on the Vow team are always cooking up new product prototypes, and all Vowzers are given the opportunity to taste, give feedback, and learn from their culinary prowess.
- An awesome converted warehouse “campus” in Alexandria. Complete with a glass-walled lab, manufacturing line, free snacks, a culinary centre, and professional-grade coffee machine in our cafe, as well as a DIY workshop for all hands-on projects.
- Human and dog friendly office! An inclusive community and culture, in a welcoming office, complete with friendly “Vowzer” dogs!
- A variety of social clubs. We encourage all our Vowzers to build the culture with us and share what you love by creating social clubs across the business. From book clubs to hiking groups, we’re always looking for ways to learn and engage with our team.
You don’t have to have every listed requirement and skill to be a great fit - you may even teach us something about what we should be looking for! If you are passionate about this opportunity and think you have the skills to succeed, please apply! If not, but you know someone who might be interested, please share this post.