Senior Manager—Customer Solutions
Seoul, South Korea
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Apex.AI is seeking a passionate and engaging Senior Manager—Customer Solutions to join our Business Development team. As a core member of our business team, you will be responsible for helping the team address the technical aspects of the sale. You will strategically map our offerings to customer needs. You not only can speak tech, but you can also win customers. You are quick on your feet and are eager to help deliver Apex.AI’s products to prospective customers. If you want to combine your technical chops with your passion for winning, this role is perfect for you!
This role is located in South Korea. Authorization to work in South Korea is required.
What you'll do
- Be the face of our technical offerings by applying your technical knowledge toward answering challenging questions from our global customers and partners.
- Act and be perceived as a trusted advisor by our customers and partners.
- Understand the customer’s goals and challenges and map them to Apex.AI offerings.
- Write compelling and detailed proof documents to guide our internal engineers.
- Lead technical conversations and calls with customers and support sales prospects by conducting architecture assessments, solutions, and evaluations.
- Develop and implement winning sales strategies in collaboration with our business team.
- Define appealing customer demonstrations and proofs-of-concept.
- Collaborate with Application Engineers on post-sale customer requirements, be the advocate for the customer internally, and relay feedback and requirements to the engineering teams.
- Identify industry trends and contribute to Apex.AI roadmap and product strategy definition.
- Showcase Apex.AI by presenting at key conferences and seminars as needed.
- B.S. or higher degree in a technical field with relevant work experience
- 5+ years in a technical sales (or similar) role or experience as a System/Software Engineer/Architect
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Korean
- Working directly with customers
- Relevant domain knowledge in the automotive, robotics or industrial software space
- A proactive and motivated mindset; able to execute and deliver with little supervision or oversight
- Ability to be flexible with international support hours and frequently travel to customer locations
Great to have
- Experience in any of the following key areas: automotive domains such as ADAS, Safety, Infotainment/UX, Motion Control, and E/E Architecture
- Solid understanding of low-level software and vehicle OS (RTOS, virtualization frameworks, middlewares)
- Solid understanding of complex, distributed and heterogeneous SoCs and system architectures
- Good understanding of messaging systems (DDS, ROS, etc.) and network concepts (UDP, Multicast, etc.)
- Good knowledge of automotive communication standards (e.g., CAN, SOME/IP)
- Customer training experience
- C++ development expertise
Apex.AI is an international developer of safety-certified base software, enabling a faster transition to software-defined vehicles and software-defined mobility. The company’s software products are based on proven open-source software, such as ROS or Eclipse iceoryx. Through a proprietary process, we add what is necessary to support commercial and safety-critical applications such as functional safety, real-time determinism and flawless performance.
Distinguished by our experienced and agile team, we bring in the right pedigree: Expertise in modern software engineering to build software that scales to massive systems, leading know-how in software functional safety to make software reliable, experience bringing software to market so that we know what to takes to build actual products, and twenty-plus years of experience building autonomous systems so that we can take the perspective of our customers and know their needs.
The company’s headquarters is located in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in Berlin, Munich, Stuttgart in Germany, Gothenburg in Sweden, Tokyo in Japan and Pangyo in South Korea. To date, Apex.AI has raised over $75 million USD from world-class venture, financial and strategic investors including AGCO, Airbus Ventures, Canaan, Continental AG, Daimler Truck, HELLA Ventures, Jaguar Land Rover’s InMotion Ventures, Lightspeed, Orillion, Toyota Ventures, Volvo Group Venture Capital and ZF.