Senior Product Manager
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Apex.AI is seeking a talented Senior Product Manager to join our Product team in Europe. In this role, you will work with our Engineering team to implement features and enhancements—focusing on middleware-related technologies—based on customer feedback and communicating the timeline and roadmap to our customer-facing team. In addition to internal product work, you will collaborate with Marketing and Business Development to leverage data and market research to influence and drive product development. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing product team and collaborate cross-functionally to position Apex.AI’s offerings as the products of choice for software-defined mobility systems.
This role is located in our Munich office. Work authorization in Germany is required.
What You’ll Do—Responsibilities
- Understand and represent user needs and obtain feedback from customers
- Monitor the market, develop competitive analyses, and gather market data and expert opinions
- Define a vision and value proposition for a product
- Align stakeholders around the vision for the product
- Prioritize product features and capabilities and manage the feature backlog
- Create and run launch and go-to-market plans, train sales and marketing
- Provide sales support, e.g., by presenting at user groups and creating and contributing to webinars
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years of professional experience or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of proven relevant experience in the automotive industry as a product manager, product owner, or another automotive software product role, ideally in a leading position
- A solid understanding of autonomous driving and automotive software, including but not limited to AUTOSAR, and how automotive companies use it
- In-depth knowledge of the middleware technologies used in the automotive or robotics industries, or have extensive experience developing AD and/or ADAS autonomous vehicle systems, or have been involved in automotive series production
- A relentless drive to understand how features and systems work
- Proven skills in spotting trends from disparate discussions and mapping these trends to a product vision (roadmap)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Apex.AI is an international developer of safety-certified base software, enabling a faster transition to software-defined vehicles and software-defined mobility. The company’s software products are based on proven open-source software, such as ROS or Eclipse iceoryx. Through a proprietary process, we add what is necessary to support commercial and safety-critical applications such as functional safety, real-time determinism and flawless performance.
Distinguished by our experienced and agile team, we bring in the right pedigree: Expertise in modern software engineering to build software that scales to massive systems, leading know-how in software functional safety to make software reliable, experience bringing software to market so that we know what to takes to build actual products, and twenty-plus years of experience building autonomous systems so that we can take the perspective of our customers and know their needs.
The company’s headquarters is located in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in Berlin, Munich, Stuttgart in Germany, Gothenburg in Sweden, Tokyo in Japan and Pangyo in South Korea. To date, Apex.AI has raised over $75 million USD from world-class venture, financial and strategic investors including AGCO, Airbus Ventures, Canaan, Continental AG, Daimler Truck, HELLA Ventures, Jaguar Land Rover’s InMotion Ventures, Lightspeed, Orillion, Toyota Ventures, Volvo Group Venture Capital and ZF.