Senior Product Manager - Geospatial
Near Space Labs
Near Space Labs is leading the next generation of Earth imaging. We design, build and operate a fleet of proprietary, stratospheric balloons called Swiftys. Our Swiftys fly to the edge of space to deliver high quality, highly updated imagery of our planet at down to earth prices.
Our innovations don’t stop at image capture. Customers need us to process and serve data in a format that is easily accessible for their data scientists, product managers, geographers, and remote sensing specialists. We make it easy for them to quickly and seamlessly evaluate the dynamics of our planet, climate, and urban environments.
We are looking for an intrepid, hands-on Senior Product Manager to build and execute a winning product strategy. In a startup like ours, this is one of the positions with the most impact on the company’s success. This position reports directly to the COO and works closely with CTO and the Sales and Customer Success teams to build remote sensing and geospatial products that customers love.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Solidify Product-Market-Fit and establish market leadership for our imagery product;
- Project and scrum management for internal software development teams;
- Interact closely with customers, the sales team, and perform research to distill the key features and products that will drive market adoption and success;
- Provide and maintain an articulate and cohesive vision for our imagery products, APIs, machine learning and computer vision research.
- Build and own the product roadmap.
- Work closely with our data and software engineering team to prioritize features and meet deadlines;
- Provide UX/UI guidance.
- Implement test schemes to validate business and market assumptions.
- Discern the nice-to-have for the core make-or-break features and see them through no matter what;
Your Skills & background
- 6+ years of experience in a similar product role.
- Willingness to be disruptive and do things differently.
- Experience with API products.
- Experience with Earth observation, remote sensing and geospatial industry technologies.
- Experience working with users and customers of imagery, machine learning, or GIS products.
- Experience interacting with engineers, sales, and speaking their languages.
- Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills. For real, you’ll have to coordinate a lot of moving pieces.
- BA or BS degree.
- This is a remote position with preference given to NYC based candidates
What we offer:
- An exciting startup culture where you will have the opportunity to play a critical role in building and scaling a one-of-a-kind technology and organization.
- You will be part of an enthusiastic, international and motivated team of professionals who are committed to building unique technologies, being rigorous, and finding novel solutions to interesting problems.
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
- A commitment that you will never be bored.
Equal employment opportunity:
Near Space Labs is committed to diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.