Senior Process Engineer
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. (Houston, Texas) is a deep-decarbonization company. It builds reactors that use light instead of heat to electrify chemical manufacturing and power a cleaner, safer world. Utilizing technology licensed from Rice University and advanced engineering, Syzygy is commercializing a universal light-driven reactor platform. When powered with renewable electricity, this tunable technology reduces both cost and emissions from many different chemical reactions.
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is hiring an experienced Senior Process Engineer to join our Technology team. The Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for executing functions related to the development, design, and optimization of plant design around Syzygy’s proprietary photocatalytic reactors of various scales to ensure safe, efficient, and reliable operations. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in process simulations and plant design from pilot to commercial scales.
- Conduct detailed process analysis, simulation, and modeling to identify potential bottlenecks and inefficiencies using ASPEN.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for process improvement, cost reduction, and quality enhancement.
- Work with suppliers and vendors to evaluate and select equipment and materials that meet technical specifications and cost targets.
- Review and perform process engineering calculations (process equipment selection and sizing, heat, and mass balances)
- Develop and maintain process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), standard operating procedures (SOPs), and other technical documentation.
- Lead and perform hazard and operability analysis (HAZOP), process hazard analysis (PHA) and ensure system reliability with various project stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing operational support to ensure system uptime, including preparation of reports & technical presentations.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices related to process engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in process engineering, preferably in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Strong knowledge of plant and process design principles, process simulation software, and process safety standards.
- Experience with P&IDs, SOPs, and technical documentation.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus.
- Mechanically inclined with a broad background in engineering disciplines (Chemical, Mechanical, Controls & Instrumentation, Electrical)
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage)
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Paid vacation/holidays
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.