Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. (Houston, Texas) is a deep-decarbonization company. It builds reactors that use light instead of heat to electrify chemical manufacturing and power a cleaner, safer world. Utilizing technology licensed from Rice University and advanced engineering, Syzygy is commercializing a universal light-driven reactor platform. When powered with renewable electricity, this tunable technology reduces both cost and emissions from many different chemical reactions.
Job Summary: Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is hiring a Production Director to join our team. The Production Director provides leadership and strategic direction related to the operations of Syzygy Plasmonics’s plants.
- Oversee plant operations, production engineering and facilities and monitoring plant activities
- Provide necessary program direction (tracking and reporting tools) for planning, organizing, developing, and integrating projects across multiple functional areas.
- Hands-on lead in troubleshooting efforts related to processing and process equipment problems.
- Writes and/or reviews SOPs, and other technical documents.
- Reporting of operations metrics and critical project updates to senior leadership
- Implements necessary plant improvements as dictated by business needs.
- Produce key operations deliverables including commissioning, start-up, steady-state operations, and operator training.
- Collaborates with the HSE group on environmental, health and safety-related aspects of all operations.
- Participate in multidisciplinary alignment meetings, safety, and quality risk assessments.
- Operational management and planning to execute pilot plant trials and testing in a timely and efficient manner.
- Lead all aspects of maintenance and improvement of pilot plant equipment.
- Lead the development of the long-term capital investment strategy for pilot plant capabilities.
- Lead and coach team to deliver on performance objectives, define personal and professional develop plans / career development.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Technology, or related field
- Experience in managing people in a plant operations function
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in plant operations and/or supply chain, site safety, health, quality in a manufacturing environment
- Basic knowledge in Quality, Occupational, Safety, Health and Environment requirements
- Ability to lead, coach and develop people.
- Strong team player, excellent communication/relational and stakeholder management skills
- Able to lead/manage/complete projects with minimal supervision. Creative, innovative and flexible with a sense of urgency and passion
- Prior experience with Continuous Improvement tools and systems (LEAN/Six Sigma/ Kaizen and value stream mapping.)
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage)
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Paid vacation/holidays
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.