Assembly and Maintenance Electrician
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. (Houston, Texas) is a deep-decarbonization company. It builds reactors that use light instead of heat to electrify chemical manufacturing and power a cleaner, safer world. Utilizing technology licensed from Rice University and advanced engineering, Syzygy is commercializing a universal light-driven reactor platform. When powered with renewable electricity, this tunable technology reduces both cost and emissions from many different chemical reactions.
Job Summary: Syzygy is hiring a Assembly and Maintenance Electrician to immediately join our team. The Assembly and Maintenance Electrician will be involved in supporting a team of technicians and engineers with electrical design, assembly, and maintenance of Syzygy’s in house technology.
- Install/repair electrical systems and electronics given descriptions, manuals, and operating conditions
- Able to safely diagnose and troubleshoot electrical issues given diagrams, blueprints, and proper tools
- Collaborate with Engineers to help design electrical systems and circuits including selection of wiring, equipment, components, and fixtures, run wire, cable tray and run EMT and rigid conduit.
- Assist in receiving, storage and documentation of incoming items in the workshop
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience: 1-2 years’ experience working on Industrial Electrical Systems and Components; 1-2 years’ experience working on or around hazardous gases and chemicals
- Skills: Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; good verbal and written communication skills; high attention to detail
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage)
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Paid vacation/holidays
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.