Health, Safety & Environmental Specialist
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. (Houston, Texas) is a deep-decarbonization company. It builds reactors that use light instead of heat to electrify chemical manufacturing and power a cleaner, safer world. Utilizing technology licensed from Rice University and advanced engineering, Syzygy is commercializing a universal light-driven reactor platform. When powered with renewable electricity, this tunable technology reduces both cost and emissions from many different chemical reactions.
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is hiring a Health, Safety & Environmental Specialist. Come join us and help us change the world for the better!
- Support implementation of HSE Management System.
- Provide HSE technical guidance, advice, and interpretation of occupational health and safety regulations of OSHA 1910 and 1926
- Subject matter expert support for hazard assessments and risk mitigation
- Facilitate incident investigations and root cause analyses
- Provide recommendations for corrective actions, including engineering controls and personal protective equipment
- Implement programs to assess and assure compliance with applicable HSE standards
- Identify, document, analyze and socialize lessons learned
- Model HSE leadership behaviors to foster an interdependent safety culture
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial hygiene, occupational safety, environmental science, chemical engineering or science / engineering related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in HSE-related roles, preferably in the chemical, manufacturing, or oilfield industries.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly to multiple workgroups.
- Well-versed in HSE standards & regulations with ability to coach others in their proper use.
- Proven ability to adjust daily schedule based on priority.
- Facilitate group discussions regarding HSE topics and encourage positive HSE behaviors.
- Knowledge of assessing workplaces for occupational health hazards by observing work conditions, conducting interviews, sampling, and evaluating chemical and physical hazards.
- Previous experience implementing policies and procedures that are protective of the environment, personnel, equipment, and business interests.
- Flexibility & proven ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Professional certification from Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) or American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) or National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP)
- Experience in Process Safety Management
- Experience with Regulatory and Environmental affairs particularly in Chemicals Industry
- Experience working with an R&D program, new technology implementation, and/or a startup company
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage)
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Paid vacation/holidays
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.