Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. (Houston, Texas) is a deep-decarbonization company. It builds reactors that use light instead of heat to electrify chemical manufacturing and power a cleaner, safer world. Utilizing technology licensed from Rice University and advanced engineering, Syzygy is commercializing a universal light-driven reactor platform. When powered with renewable electricity, this tunable technology reduces both cost and emissions from many different chemical reactions.
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is hiring a Materials Supervisor. Come join us and help us change the world for the better!
Job Summary: The purpose of the Materials Supervisor role is to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction through excellence in materials management. The scope of this role is multi-warehouse shipping, receiving and inventory management. The Materials Supervisor will oversee warehouse inventory and staff, and meeting materials performance metrics for productivity, effective materials management, and costs.
- Materials Supervisor will oversee warehouse inventory and staff. This includes hiring and training of new employees; staffing and scheduling to meet business needs; performance management and reviews for the materials team.
- Manage and control inventory for multiple warehouses. Receives and records new inventory as it is delivered; inspects and stores it according to policy. Conducts physical inventory, compares results to computerized inventory, and reconciles any differences. Replenishes stock and inventory as needed. Ensures that all stock is stored in correct locations in the warehouse. Organize and maintain inventory and storage areas.
- Manage logistics and transfers of materials in and out of warehouses. Receives and records new inventory as it is delivered; inspects and stores it according to policy. Conducts physical inventory, compares results to computerized inventory, and reconciles any differences. Replenishes stock and inventory as needed. Ensures that all stock is stored in correct locations in the warehouse.
- Assist to determining appropriate packaging and shipping methods to deliver Syzygy products to customer locations. Work with 3rd party packaging services to ensure products are shipped securely without damage during shipment. Work with logistics companies and provide documentation for international and domestic delivery of products.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to develop strategic plans and procedures to increase the efficiency of logistics and warehouse practices.
- Enforces operating instructions and safety policies.
- Ensure safe operation of demonstration plant
- Maintains an “on call” status for unplanned events skills; high attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree or 10 years of experience
- Supervisory experience in materials management, warehouse shipping and receiving operations.
- 10+ years in materials management Chemicals, or Industrial Manufacturing and distribution
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; strong verbal and written communication skills; good interpersonal skills; strong multi-tasking, problem solving, and time management skills; self-starter; demonstrated leadership skills; high attention to detail.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage)
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Paid vacation/holidays
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.