Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. (Houston, Texas) is a deep-decarbonization company. It builds reactors that use light instead of heat to electrify chemical manufacturing and power a cleaner, safer world. Utilizing technology licensed from Rice University and advanced engineering, Syzygy is commercializing a universal light-driven reactor platform. When powered with renewable electricity, this tunable technology reduces both cost and emissions from many different chemical reactions.
Job Summary: Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is hiring a Project Engineer to join our Operations Team. The Project Engineer position is responsible for the development and execution of capital projects. The scope of the projects will be mainly for internal Syzygy manufacturing and testing assets and associated maintenance and improvements. The Project engineer will be responsible for deriving project requirements and specifications, understanding the project needs, and engineering systems and sub-systems needed to achieve project objectives. This role will be responsible for specifying and selecting sub-systems and ensuring that all equipment functions to meet system and project objectives. The position is responsible for coordinating with other groups in Technology, Operations, and Production in the definition of needs and specifications, budgeting, and delivery of these projects. The role is also responsible for facility maintenance and coordinating internal maintenance resources and contracting of external resources to meet specific needs and supplement capacity.
- Manage site capital projects from development, costing, approval, and execution.
- Review and analyze project requirements to establish tasks and subtasks and project timelines.
- Define project scopes of work, define system needs and requirements, specify equipment, select equipment, and installation.
- Initiate, review, and follow all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Education: BS in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience: 5+ years’ experience of operating pilot / demonstration units, knowledge of chemical process in pilot or industrial setup, skilled in procedures write-up, demonstrated focus on ensuring safe operations & supporting an effective HSE culture
- Skills: Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; good verbal and written communication skills; high attention to detail
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage)
- Career growth opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Paid vacation/holidays
Syzygy Plasmonics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.